People are what the Net comprises above all, not technology.
Network neighborhood is an open community united by interest in communications, networks, information systems, programming, and in general anything related to information and the ways it moves around and affects our lives.
For legacy lovers there is an IRC-channel on freenode.net #netwhood.
A relay bot is connected to all the chat rooms mentioned! That means you only need to be present in one room to talk to everyone.
More of that, we also have a federated social network Mastodon server at mstdn.netwhood.online.
Networks and peerings
Feel free to ask around and request peering in any network!
We maintain active public nodes on hyperboria (cjdns) and yggdrasil!
Ping @abslimit to discuss peering in anonet, dn42, hyperboria (cjdns), yggdrasil.
Ask @abslimit or @Knstantin for joining our Retroshare network nodes.
xonotic server: 18.104.22.168:26000 (avaliable from Xonotic server browser)
Tiny web-archive: arc.netwhood.online
We started IceCast2-radio radio.netwhood.online.
Research and documents
Some of the home-grown articles (Russian):
Archaeology and museum-keeping in the age of advanced netstalking;
Shadowsocks. Advantages over SOCKS and best practices;
Cjdns in some theory and practice;
Protocol ii / IDEC;
Setting up a universal overlay networking node;
First look on AnoNet. ANOther NETwork;
First look on DN42. The routing game;
First look on SDF.ORG - The Super Dimension Fortress.
Our network neighbors
- A Telegram group dedicated to distributed systems: @distributed and their forum distributed.earth;
- Mesh networking and cryptoanarchy: rooms on Matrix - #ru.meshnet:feneas.org and on Telegram - @meshnet;
Yggdrasil-based censor-free provider - Medium;
- “The Entry Point” to “Tochka Sbora” - the Runet’s major netstalking conference - @netstalking;
Web Scavengers 1.0 - Semi-automated parsing of static websites from the Web 1.0 era Runet.
- The DEF CON Zelenograd community - DC7495;
- xecut.net - group of geeks sharing a soft spot for programming, operating systems, computer hardware and network security.